Below are my upcoming presentations.
EMERGING BUSINESS SEMINAR – How To Sell Your Business (Part 2 of 2)
August TBD | 7:30 – 9:30 am | VIRTUAL(?)
You always wanted to start your own company. One day you decided to make it happen. Years (and many personal sacrifices) later you have transformed your original idea into a successful business. After careful reflection, you have decided it’s now time to sell.
The obvious questions then follow. How does one go about selling a business? What can be done to maximize the sale price and secure the best terms? And who can help the owner navigate the challenging sale process?
Topics for this complimentary seminar will include:
- Navigating the sale process
- Identifying prospective buyers
- Understanding the buyer’s perspective on value
- Creating competition among buyers to increase deal value
- Surviving due diligence
- Purchase price considerations and structures
- Understanding representations and warranties
- Indemnification considerations
- Non-competition covenants and other post-closing issues
- Creating and working with your deal team
- Strategies to increase your chances of closing the sale
Topics for this seminar will include:
- Determining a company’s capital requirements
- Identifying those who can satisfy those requirements
- Defining the terms of the equity offering
- Understanding what it means to have investors
- Complying with federal and state securities laws
- How the JOBS Act will change the rules of the game with crowdfunding
- Strategies for increasing a company’s chance of success
HOW TO INVEST IN PRIVATE COMPANIES
**POSTPONED – TO BE RESCHEDULED**
During the early stages of a private company’s lifecycle, the necessary capital comes from “angel investors” who are willing to bear high risk for potentially high rewards. This class presents topics including: risks and rewards of private company investments; locating investment opportunities; analyzing prospective deals; negotiating favorable investment terms; protecting your investment; and the investor’s role post-closing.